So, I’ve added yet another commitment to my list. Seeing that I’m failing at all my other commitments, why not!? I’m actually okay not following through on every thing I’ve said I’ll do related to finding passionate work. I’m just happy for the forward momentum, no matter what it ends up looking like.
Anyway, my latest is to publish a podcast by next Thursday. Yikes! Time is flying by. So the first step: What topic to create a podcast about? And here’s the exercise podcast expert John Lee Dumas suggests:
Name 3 things you are passionate about:
Name 3 things you have expertise doing:
3. Viewing wildlife
4. Supporting people/asking insightful questions
Do you see overlap? Somehow I don’t see the wildlife aspect coming into play, unless my podcast is about the wild side of travel or traveling to see wildlife, which don’t really interest me. So, setting that one aside: a podcast on love lessons (that’s really not related to the above, but it’s something that interests me or a podcast on how people have found love or connection while traveling or asking people about their most powerful travel/love/wildlife experiences. To cover my bases, I just bought wildworldoflove.com 🙂
If so, is there a need for this type of information out there? I don’t no. Probably not a need, but could be fun interviews to do so I guess there would be the need for entertainment and inspiration and a “we’re all in the same boat/in this together” feeling.
Moving on to the avatar:
Who is the ONE person who is your PERFECT listener? My first instinct is that my perfect listener would be me — or someone fascinated by love, travel, and wildlife
1. What is their name? Jenny (because I’m going to be asking “What would Jenny do” and it makes me giggle)
2. Their age? 35 (because I don’t think as many women my age are that interested in love, travel, and wildlife)
3. Where do they live? A hip small town like Bozeman or Boulder or Madison
4. Do they have a family? No, but they’re wanting to start one.
5. Why do they listen to podcasts? They have a short 20-25 minute commute and they want to listen to something during that time that entertains them and makes them think.
6. Where do they listen to podcasts? In their cars. Sometimes while gardening or doing some other chore.
7. Why will they listen to YOUR podcast? Because
Describe your avatar in 3 sentences or less given your answers above: Jenny is a 35-year-old single woman looking for love and adventure. She loves hearing about other people’s stories of love, travel, and adventure — and even better if they include a wild encounter. Jenny listens to be entertained and inspired during her commute and when doing chores.